We are seeking a Peer Support Specialist to offer support, advocacy, and education to individuals participating in the program.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, this position may require face-to-face, in-person contact with the public. All employees will be provided with appropriate PPE and safety training. Interview will take place over Zoom.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification as a Peer Support Specialist with the State of Michigan or be eligible to become certified by the State as a Peer Support Specialist, which requires an individual be a “current or former primary consumer of mental health services through a Community Mental Health system,” per the Medicaid Provider Manual
- Subscribe to and have the ability to apply the concept of personal recovery as it relates to mental health and substance misuse
- The ability to effectively and appropriately use your lived experience pertaining to mental health recovery and participation in services and supports while interacting with individuals in the program
- Professionalism appropriate to the setting and situation
- The ability to work independently and be self motivated, practicing effective time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess intermediate skill in basic computer programs, including Word, Excel, and internet functions, including Gmail
- Possess a valid State of Michigan driver’s license or state ID
- Experience working as a Peer Support Specialist
- Experience facilitating peer support groups
- Experience in outreach, networking, and advocacy
- Experience working in a social services program
Salary: $15/hour; hourly premium may apply for in-person work during the COVID-19 pandemic
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, 15-25 hours (part time)
Benefits: generous paid-time off, paid holidays, SIMPLE-IRA Plan, employer contribution to health insurance premiums (employees scheduled 25+ hours per week)
Click here to apply!
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Contact Amy at email@example.com with any questions.